At 2PM local time, Day 2 of Event #5: €1,100 MONSTER STACK No-Limit Hold’em is set to start with all 165 surviving players from Day 1A, 1B, and 1C coming together at the poker tables here in the magnificent King’s Resort in Rozvadov, Czech Republic. The tournament attracted 666 entries in total, creating a total prize pool of €639,027! The winner tomorrow will walk away with the first-place prize of €134,407 and the coveted gold WSOP bracelet.
The player with the overall chip lead is Quan Zhou from China who bagged 130 big blinds with 519,500 in chips on Day 1A. Trailing him in the chip counts is the Day 1C chip leader, Oleg Netaliev with 472,000, and Frank Rohrmueller with 399,500.
The seat draw for today has come up with some interesting tables, the ones to definitely look out for include:
• Table #80 which includes Anthony Zinno, Oleg Pavlyuchuk, Nico Mussini, and Kalidou Sow
• Table #82 which includes Sterling Savill, Vojtech Ruzicka, Donny Covyn, Jesper Hansen, and Asher Assis
• Table #84 which includes Allen Kessler, Michal Lubas, Mykhailo Gutyi, and Fahredin Mustafov
• Table #95 which includes Gary Hasson, Daniel Smiljkovic, Danny Tang, Pete Chen, and Anatolii Zyrin
• Table #96 which includes Michael Magalashvili, Christian Thiry, Guillaume Diaz, Alexandre Viard, Maria Lampropulos, and Stephen Shayler
• And many, many more
When the players return, they will start with Level 15 which features a small blind of 2,000, big blind of 4,000, and a big blind ante of 4,000. Level duration will increase to 60 minutes with a 15-minute break after every two levels. The dinner break today will last 40 minutes and will take place after the sixth level of play. Play is scheduled to finish when the final table has been reached.
2018 WSOPE Monster Stack Schedule
|Day||Date||Starting Time||Late Reg||Entries||Survivors||Further Information|
|1A||Thursday October 18th||15:00||~00:25||148||30||Play 14 levels of 40 minutes|
|1B||Friday October 19th||15:00||~00:25||204||55||Play 14 levels of 40 minutes|
|1C||Saturday October 20th||15:00||~00:25||314||80||Play 14 levels of 40 minutes|
|2||Sunday October 21st||14:00||-||666||165||Level duration increases to 60 minutes|
|3||Monday October 22nd||TBD||-||tba||tba||Play down to a champion|
The PokerNews live reporting team will be on hand to bring you all the action from the start until the final table has been reached.