Winning Mindset Tips for Tournament Poker Success
In order to perform at your best during online performances this May, you need to ensure you prepare well. This is why Gareth James spoke with Peak Poker Performance and Mindset coach Dr Tricia Cardner as he prepares for 2020 Spring Championship of Online Poker on PokerStars.
They talk about:
- What is making you excited for a big series?
- What can we control?
- Have your routine set ahead of time
- What three things did you do well today?
- Gratitude and working out why you're grateful
- What little changes can you make to improve yourself tomorrow?
- Talking to your partner before the series and finding compromises
- The brain is like Velcro for the negative and Teflon for the positive
Here's the video:
|0:00||Gareth says his main goal is wanting to be as excited to play. Tricia gives her thoughts.|
|0:51||What is making you excited?|
|2:40||What can we control?|
|4:35||The importance of routine and setting it ahead of time|
|6:59||Why are you grateful?|
|7:33||Write down 3 things that you did well during play|
|10:25||The brain operates like Velcro for the negatives, and Teflon for the positives|
|13:46||What little changes can you make to improve yourself tomorrow?|
|14:58||Focus and discipline|
|16:57||Effective communication with your significant other|