Zoom on PokerStars - It's Not Just for Cash Games!
By now, everyone has heard of the fast-fold format Zoom available on PokerStars, but not many people will know that you can play tournaments in this format as well!
PokerStars Zoom Tournament Schedule
|Zoom (2 x re-entry)||$1.10||$1,500|
|Zoom (Unlimited re-entry + add-on)||$1.10+R||$1,000|
|Zoom Progressive KO||$2.20||$2,500-3,000|
|Zoom Progressive KO [Deep Stacks]||$3.30||$6,000|
All of the above are nine-handed zoom tournaments, but you are also able to find three-handed and heads-up zoom tournaments on the PokerStars client.
Top Tips for Beating Fast-Fold Poker
To improve your chances of beating low stakes fast-fold poker, you should...
- Remember that it is, for the most part, the same game as "normal" poker
- Remember that players generally play tighter, particularly in three-bet pots
- Know position is still as crucial to success as ever
- Make notes, which will be of great help
- Steal liberally from late position unless you have notes dissuading you from doing so
- Three-bet late position raises lighter than you would usually
- Take plenty of stabs on the flop with continuation bets
- Size bets smaller for button steals and continuation bets
For more information, be sure to check out this handy strategy guide!