Astedt Among Big Winners As Super MILLION$ Week Kicks Off
Table Of Contents
GGPoker is known for hosting some massive tournaments every Sunday but January 23 was off the charts. Super MILLION$ Week kicked off in style, which increased traffic in the site’s high stakes events, and created some jaw-dropping prizes.
Niklas Astedt added yet another high roller title to his already impressive poker resume when he bossed his way through a 35-player field in a $10,300 buy-in tournament. The compact field meant only the top five players received a slice of the $350,000 prize pool, so spare a thought for sixth-place finisher Yuri Dzivielevski who popped the money bubble.
Nick Petrangelo, fresh from crushing the latter stages of the Stairway to Millions festival, finished in fifth for $36,286 before Michael Addamo fell in fourth for $48,388. Pablo Silva, who finished second in last week’s Super MILLION$ for $346,106, saw this tournament end in a third-place finish worth $64,527.
Silva’s exit left Astedt heads-up against British superstar Stephen Chidwick. Astedt rarely loses when he finds himself in this position, so it was unsurprising to see the Swede walk away with the $114,748 top prize, resigning Chidwick to an $86,048 consolation prize.
High Rollers: Sunday $10,300 Final Table Results
Dvoress Takes Down a $10,300 Event For $130K
Another $10,300 event saw 43 players take to the GGPoker virtual felt, and Daniel Dvoress was the last man standing. The tournament distributed its $430,000 prize pool to the top six finishers. However, Mikita Badziakouski bought in before the tournament started so was protected by the Early Bird bubble feature, and received his $10,300 buy-in back when he bubbled in seventh.
Lev "LevMeAlone" Gottlieb was the first in-the-money player; he scooped $31,019. "Machitos !!" of Cyprus and Andras Nemeth were the final table’s next casualties. They walked away with prizes worth $41,364 and $55,160, respectively.
The penultimate elimination was that of Stephen Chidwick, who claimed the $73,557 third-place prize. This left Michael Addamo in a one-on-one battle with Dvoress, which the latter emerged victoriously from. Addamo’s runner-up finish came with a $98,091 payout, while Dvoress netted $130,806.
High Rollers: Sunday $10,300 Final Table Results
|6||Lev "LevMeAlone" Gottlieb||Mexico||$31,019|
"bill2021" Bulldozes Their Way to a $470K Payday
The largest haul of January 23 went to Brazil’s "bill2021" courtesy of the Samba star taking down the $25,500 Sunday Million Super High Roller. Some 80 players bought in with the top ten finishers sharing the $2 million prize pool.
Daniel Dvoress burst the money bubble, locking in a $54,347 min-cash for the surviving players. Christian Rudolph saw his tournament end in tenth place, which set a star-studded final table.
Isaac Haxton, fresh from his Super MILLION$ victory last week, crashed out in ninth here. Orpen Kisacikoglu, Joao Vieira, Timothy Nuter and high-stakes cash guru Wiktor Malinowski also dusted off their stacks.
Artur Martirosian added $228,488 to his lifetime winnings following his exit in fourth-place. Juan Dominguez joined the Cyprus-based Russian shortly after and reeled in a $290,276 prize.
bill2021 and India’s Rahul Byrraju fought it out heads-up for the title and serious top prize. The heads-up duo neglected to strike a deal despite a $100,000 difference in prize money. This meant Byrraju walked away with $368,772 when he busted in second, which left bill2021 to head into the night with $468,496 for company.
$25,500 Sunday Million SHR Final Table Results
Other Notable Scores From GGPoker on January 23
- He Who Remains – first-place in the $1,050 GGMasters High Roller for $152,457
- Gavin Cochrane – first-place in the $10,300 Omaholic Sunday High Roller for $148,428
- Daniel "Ronalauc" Smyth – first-place in the $525 Super Kickoff Bounty hunters HR for $118,360*
- Nikita "VSMPZD" Kuznetsov – first-place in the $5,250 Sunday Blade Bounty for $116,153*
- Elio Fox – first-place in the $1,050 Sunday High Rollers Main Event for $114,842
- Christian Rudolph – first-place in the $5,250 Sunday Deepstack HR for $80,746
- Gabriel Moura – first-place in the $888 Sunday Crazy EIghts HR for $61,667
- Leandro "Kolestation" Kolesny – first-place in the $150 GGMasters for $61,217
- Bruno "Tomateee" Alava – first-place in the $300 GGMasters Bounty for $51,879*
- Joshua McCully – first-place in the $1,050 Omaholic Main Event for $46,855
- Sanat "mehro2511" Mehrota – first-place in the $250 Sunday Main Event for $44,664
- Yinsheng "lucky428" Yang – first-place in the $1,050 Sunday Heater HR for $40,268*
- Daniil "NVoskob1986" Kiselev – first-place in the $210 Bounty Hunters Sunday Special for $35,862*
- Jonathan proudfoot – first-place in the $525 Sunday Fifty Stack Bounty HR for $27,109*
- suuuppp – first-place in the $630 Sunday Super Six Bounty Turbo for $26,479*
*includes bounty payments