Billy Irvine Becomes a WPT Online Series Champion
Table Of Contents
- WPT #01 Opener Final Table Results
- Other Highlights From partypoker on May 16
- United Kingdom One, Two, Three in the PokerStars Sunday Marathon
- $530 Sunday Marathon Final Table Results
- Other Highlights From PokerStars on May 16
- Near Misses Galore at GGPoker
- Other GGPoker Highlights From May 16
- Trio of Big Scores at 888poker
The WPT Online Series kicked off at partypoker this weekend and it did not take long for a British player to get their hands on a title. Billy Irvine walked away with the WPT #01 Opener title and a combined prize weighing in at more than $81,000.
Irvine started this tournament well, bagging up enough chips for ninth-place on Day 1B. He built on that impressive start and emerged as a worthy winner. The victory was confirmed after Irvine defeated Netherlands' Ronnie Lemmens heads-up. Irvine collected $39,608 from the main prize pool plus an additional $42,233 worth of bounty payments.
Conor Beresford, Irvine's fellow Brit, joined him on the final table. Beresford, however, fell in third place and had to make do with a $32,241 consolation prize.
WPT #01 Opener Final Table Results
|1||Billy Irvine||United Kingdom||$39,608||$42,233||$81,841|
|3||Conor Beresford||United Kingdom||$26,835||$5,406||$32,241|
|4||Alexander Van Der Swaluw||Netherlands||$17,729||$8,156||$25,885|
Other Highlights From partypoker on May 16
- Thomas Duggan - third-place in the $55 Mini Big Game for $14,000
- Toby Lewis - seventh-place in the $109 Mini Opener for $4,078*
- Matthew Whatmore - eighth-place in the $215 Turbo Bounty for $1,064*
- Matthew Dickie - ninth-place in the $11 Micro Opener for $780*
- Daniel Jones - fifth-place in the $22 Mini Turbo Bounty for $728*
*includes bounty payments
United Kingdom One, Two, Three in the PokerStars Sunday Marathon
This week's PokerStars Sunday Marathon only attracted 43 entrants, but the top three finishers all call the United Kingdom home. only six payers received a slice of the $21,500 prize pool, so spare a thought for seventh-place finisher Conor "1_conor_b_1" Beresford who was the unfortunate soul to burst the money bubble.
Sergi "srxakgirona" Reixach was the first finalist to cash. Team PokerStars' Lex "L. Veldhuis" Veldhuis joined Reixach on the sidelines soon after. Ukraine star Andrey "anjeyyy" Novak's elimination in fourth left three Union Jacks in the chip counts.
Those three became two when Jonathan "Proudflop" Proudfoot bowed out in third. Proudfoot's demise left Patrick "pads1161" Leonard and "The-Martyr-1206" heads-up for the title. The one-on-one battle when the latter's way and they collected $7,558, leaving Leonard to walk away with $5,174.
$530 Sunday Marathon Final Table Results
|2||Patrick "pads1161" Leonard||United Kingdom||$5,174|
|3||Jonathan "Proudflop" Proudfoot||United Kingdom||$3,543|
|4||Andrey "Anjeyyy" Novak||Ukraine||$2,425|
|5||Lex "L. Veldhuis" Veldhuis||Netherlands||$1,660|
|6||Sergi "srxakgirona" Reixach||Mexico||$1,137|
Other Highlights From PokerStars on May 16
- purrrt - second-place in the $215 Bounty Builder for $8,597*
- Sam "SamSquid" Grafton - third-place in the $1,050 Sunday Warm-Up for $7,086
- DuTTiFruTTi9 - seventh-place in the $215 NLHE Afterparty for $6,666
- Patrick "pads1161" Leonard - fifth-place in the $1,050 Sunday Warm-Up for $3,321
- Treddan - third-place in the $215 NLO8 Sunday Supersonic for $2,581
Near Misses Galore at GGPoker
None of our players managed to clinch a victory at GGPoker on May 16 but there were several near misses by our heroes.
Ireland's "quackhouse" came close to getting their hands a WSOPC ring when they reached the final table of Event #10: $100 Hundred Stack. The Irish grinder ran out of steam at the final table and busted in fifth, a finish good for $26,824.
There was a similar story in the $150 GGMasters. The tournament drew in a 990-strong crowd this weekend and Ireland's "Kojaque" navigated their way to the nine-handed final table. Their time there was short-lived because they crashed out in eighth place and padded their bankroll with $18,853. A handful of places deeper and they could have netted a six-figure haul.
Other GGPoker Highlights From May 16
- Jack Salter - tenth-place in the WSOPC High Rollers: $5,250 Bounty Hunters SHR for $18,733*
- TewTall - seventh-place in the WSOPC Series: $525 Bounty Hunters HR Main Event for $16,367*
- michael79 - second-place in the $105 Bounty Hunters Sunday Special for $8,788*
- kid1591 - second-place in the $210 Bounty Hunters Sunday Special for $3,484*
- Jmartins - fourth-place in the $210 Six Shooter Turbo for $2,554*
- Chris Moorman - eighth-place in the WSOPC Series: $250 Sunday Double Stack Fast for $2,411
- penguy2 - sixth-place in the $105 Bounty Hunters Sunday Special for $1,319*
*includes bounty payments
Trio of Big Scores at 888poker
There were a few things to shout about over at 888poker where "pesadilla666" won the $20,000 Gtd Sunday Big Shot 55 for $3,954. They were joined on the final table by "Sahrie11" who fell in fourth for $1,508.
In the Big Shot 109 Main Event, a $150,000 guaranteed tournament that overlaid by $25,000, "DHKING" finished in third-place and walked away with $11,775.