Harry Lodge Helps Himself to $75K Score on First Sunday of 2021
Harry “Vulvasore” Lodge came agonisingly close to winning a WSOP Circuit ring when he put together a deep run in the WSOPC #14: $800 Fifty Stack at GGPoker this weekend.
A huge field of 1,849 entrants created a $1,405,240 prize pool, over 40% more than the advertised $1 million guarantee. Lodge managed to navigate his way to a fourth-place finish and scooped $75,161.
Lodge came unstuck at the hands of the eventual champion, Brazil’s Yuri Dzivielevski. The Brazilian min-raised to 1,200,000 from the cutoff before calling when Lodge three-bet all-in from the small blind for 3,384,200. Lodge showed ace-king, Dzivielevski king-queen and the latter improved to two pair by the river.
A 10th place finish in the WSOPC Series: $126 Deepstack Bounty Turbo on the same evening saw Lodge win an additional $2,064.
Check out these other notable cashes and victories from GGPoker on January 3.
- Zizou21 – second-place in the GGMasters $150 for $51,026
- poker996728348 – third-place in the WSOPC High Rollers: $2,500 Blade Prime for $38,353
- Stephen Chidwick – seventh-place in the WSOPC Series: $1,050 High Rollers Main Event for $18,180
- TopRegUK – eighth-place in the WSOPC Series $525 Bounty Hunters HR Main Event for $16,964*
- LuckyRabbit1 - 10th place in the WSOPC #14: $400 New Year Colossus for $16,653
- Denas Peanaitis – seventh-place in the WSOPC High Rollers: $2,500 Blade Closer for $10,715
- Twicyyyyy – fifth-place in the WSOPC Series: $210 Bounty Hunters Special for $10,020*
- Fireburns – sixth-place in the WSOPC Series: $300 Sunday Triple Chance for $6,470
- Phil Mighall – eighth-place in the WSOPC Series: $800 Deepstack PLO for $3,921
- LateNightT – first-place in the Omaholic Bounty Turbo $210 for $3,586*
*includes bounty payments
There were a few substantial cashes at PokerStars too, especially in the Bigger $109 where three Union Jacks were at the final table. Daniel “dougiedan678” McAualy fell in sixth for $1,515 with “chakouchakou” crashing out in third for a $3,847 prize. Andy “BowieEffect” Wilson fell at the final hurdle, his second place netting him $5,248.
Ireland’s Dan “NukeTheFish!” Wilson enjoyed an $18,996 score in the Blowout Series 26-M: $530 NLHE 8-Max PKO. Wilson finished fifth in this event.
These are some of the other scores from PokerStars this weekend.
- BenArfaa10 – eighth-place in the Blowout Series 28-H: $2,100 8-Max Turbo for $10,457*
- Cathal “shinerrr” Shine – eighth-place in the $215 Bounty Builder for $4,490*
- ImRichAreU? - seventh-place in the $215 Bounty Builder for $4,140*
- laflame300 – third-place in the Hotter $109 for $3,037
- YoungPlayerr – fifth-place in the $109 Omania for $1,044
- Benny “RunGodlike” Glaser – sixth-place in the $215 NLO8 Sunday Supersonic for $1,059
Across to partypoker now where several of our players went deep in the trio of Big Game tournaments.
Tanya Banger missed out of a final table appearance in the $2,600 High Roller Big Game when she dusted off her chips in 11th place, a finish worth $7,166. Fellow Brit Sean Mills did reach the final table but could only muster a sixth-place finish worth $14,145.
Patrick Kennedy turned his $530 into $4,319 when he finished eighth in the Big Game, while three of our players were present at the final table of the $55 Mini Big Game.
Christopher Hayden busted in seventh for $2,029 before Charlie Combes ran out of steam in fourth place, a finish that saw Combes reel in $5,051. Robby Jenks went the deepest of our grinders, he finished third and banked $7,618.
888poker proved to be a happy hunting ground for “Thomasvned”. They won the $88 Sunday PKO 8-Max for a combined prize weighing in at $2,871. They followed that up with a fifth-place exit from the $30,000 Sunday Challenge PKO, which saw $1,179 wing its way to their 888poker account.
The Stars Group is a majority shareholder in Oddschecker Global Media, the parent company of PokerNews.