UK & Ireland Sunday Briefing: Proudfoot Wins partypoker HR Big Game
Another big weekend of tournament poker resulted in some fantastic scores for players calling the United Kingdom and Ireland home. The EPT Online and GGPoker High Roller Week festivals kicked off while there were big results at partypoker, too.
Speaking of partypoker, one of our own took down the site’s biggest weekly event, the $2,600 High Roller Big Game.
|1||Jonathan Proudfoot||United Kingdom||$89,997|
Jonathan Proudfoot padded his bankroll with $89,997 after he overcame a star-studded field of 157 entrants in the High Roller Big Game.
Fellow Brits Sam Grafton and Tom Hall both cashed but did so in the first level of payouts. Other stars who cashed included Simon Mattsson, Dimitar Danchev, and William Foxen.
All nine finalists banked more than $10,500 for their efforts. These included Team partypoker duo Kristen Bicknell and Mikita Badziakouski, Elio Fox, Mark Radoja, and Pascal Hartmann. Proudfoot defeated Abdelhakim Zoufri heads-up to secure the title and resign the runner-up to a $64,788 consolation prize.
There were several final table appearances by our players over at PokerStars, including the runner-up finish in the $215 Sunday Supersonic for “cashnolimitz”. This prize weighed in at $13,934, which was won in a shade over 2.25 hours for a phenomenal hourly rate.
These are some of the other British and Irish players who ran deep at PokerStars on November 8 included:
- AAgoodfold – fourth-place in the $215 Bounty Builder for $10,426*
- Turlough “TheVirus217” McHugh – eighth-place in the $1,050 Sunday High Roller for $7,732
- alexlex1993 – fifth-place in the $109 Bounty Builder for $6,439*
- d.apollo777 – first-place in the $530 Omania High Roller for $5,367
- trigobrien – sixth-place in the $109 Sunday Cooldown for $5,153*
- Sam “SamSquid” Grafton – fifth-place in the $1,050 Sunday Cooldown for $3,895*
- MrDMeTrio – third-place in the Hotter $162 for $2,305*
- Jamie “Chippy93” Rutherford – fourth-place in the $109 Sunday Starter for $2,293
- Harry “Iamapoopie” Lodge – ninth-place in the $215 Bounty Builder for $2,277*
- Bradley “mrbradleyy” Harwood – sixth-place in the Bigger $109 for $1,830
- Sugarlola7 – third-place in the $109 Bounty Builder for $1,125*
You can also check out what went down on Day 1 of the EPT Online festival here.
GGPoker proved to be a happy hunting ground for our players once again. This was especially true for “TryLSD” who finished sixth in the HRW 01: GGMasters High Rollers and turned $1,050 into $47,060. The man behind this account, Brandon Sheils, posted a screenshot of his impressive score on Facebook.
Gavin Cochrane continued with his impressive PLO results by finishing fifth in the High Rollers PLO Bounty event. Cochrane fired one $2,100 bullet at this event and it resulted in a $12,737 prize with bounties included.
We almost had a winner in the Sunday Main Event $200, but “DavidGinola” had to make do with second-place, but not before striking a heads-up deal. DavidGinola’s second-place prize weighed in at $34,445, a solid return on a $200 investment.
Check out these other notable scores by our players at GGPoker this weekend:
- Scott Margereson – second-place in the Sunday High Roller Six Shooter for $17,866*
- hectorballer – third-place in the Sunday monster Stack $200 for $13,692
- Chainsaw – first-place in the High Rollers Supersonic Bounty for $10,759*
- PartyPete – fifth-place in the Sunday monster Stack $200 for $7,078
- Chris Moorman – ninth-place in the Sunday High Rollers Bounty Special for $6,550*
- sabor_de_mar – seventh-place in the Sunday Forty Stack for $5,211
- whatariver1 – seventh-place in the Sunday Marathon $300 for $5,091
- michael79 – fifth-place in The Last Stand for $3,627
The Stars Group is a majority shareholder in Oddschecker Global Media, the parent company of PokerNews.