Sunday Briefing: GGPoker Proves a Happy Hunting Ground for UK & Irish Players
Table Of Contents
GGPoker hosts some massive tournaments throughout the week but they are huge on a Sunday. Choose the last day of the week to run good at GGPoker! The site proved to be a happy hunting ground for players calling the United Kingdom and Ireland home, especially “JPC123” who won more than $150,000 from two events.
The $156K Day of JPC123
JPC123 was the fourth-place finisher in the Battle of Malta #3: Kings of Tallinn Main Event. They outlasted almost all of the 3,906 players who paid $210 to enter this tournament.
Our hero’s fourth-place exit saw their second $210 bullet become a $37,173 prize, a great start to their Sunday session.
The best was yet to come because JPC123 was deep in the GGMasters High Roller, a $1,050 buy-in freezeout with $1 million guaranteed. There was an overlay of $71,000 this week, not that JPC123 cared because they finished in second place and banked a massive $118,940 score.
Another of our players, Ireland’s “Pluto The Doggo”, was the last player standing in the $5,250 High Rollers Blade Mulligan. Fifty-two of the world’s best players bought in and the top six walked away with a share of the $260,000 prize pool.
Nick Petrangelo, J Andersson, “FresasConNata”, and Michael Addamo all busted at the final table, leaving Pluto The Doggo and Elio Fox heads-up. The dog outsmarted the fox and locked up the $99,358 top prize.
Check out these other notable results from the high stakes MTTs at GGPoker on November 1.
- “Mr Falcon” – third-place in the GGMasters $150 for $37,245
- “FreshlyBaked” – first-place in the Bounty Hunters Castle Siege HR for $34,107*
- “meiiYunqi” – third-place in the Battle of Malta #1: King’s Landing Opener for $33,734
- “STAY_HUNGRY” – sixth-place in the Global MILLION$ for $20,440
- “FreshlyBaked” – first-place in the Sunday Monster Stack $200 for $13,295
- “Wayneo” – fifth-place in the Sunday Main Event $200 for $9,062
- “BetNicer” – third-place in the PLO Crusaders Bounty Quest for $8,282*
- “RubyOnAir” – sixth-place in the Bounty Hunters Castle Siege $105 for $3,112*
- “QuadAAces” – fourth-place in the Bounty Hunters Six Shooter $126 for $2,789*
- “FreshlyBaked” – ninth-place in the PLO Crusaders Bounty Quest for $2,510*
- “GreekFreaker” – seventh-place in The Last Stand $100 Hyper for $2,134
- “Ronalauc” – eighth-place in The Last Stand $100 Hyper for $1,534
- “ExoticJoe” – ninth-place in the Sunday Special $125 for $1,400
*includes bounty payments
Final Tables Reached at 888poker
”Marik12” reached the final table of the $100,000 Sunday Mega Deep over at 888poker. This tournament is great value because it basically missed its ambitious guarantee every week. This week was no different with 888poker adding $9,700 to the prize pool. Our player’s final table appearance was short-lived because they fell in ninth for a $1,410 prize.
Three Union Jacks ere present at the $25,000 Sunday Challenge’s final table. “AAsharpyAA” fell in ninth for a combined $600 before “catchme94” busted in fourth for $1,316 including bounties. “mrjar269” fell at the final hurdle and banked $2,598 for their runner-up finish.
“needabridge” is $1,344 better off than before the start of the weekend thanks to a fourth-place finish in the $88 Sunday PKO 8-Max, while “RonaldSleasy” collected $2,727 by winning the $55 Sunday PKO 6-Max.
Deep Run in the Half Price Sunday Million
PokerStars threw up a handful of results also. We have several players through to Day 2 of the Half Price Sunday Million. Only 166 of the 27,010 starters remain and “HecticMulk” is the best placed of our grinders. They return 13th in chips and guaranteed $696 but are only an evening’s grind away from a $136,420 top prize.
A $12,231 score was enjoyed by “!Mp!yaw” in the $215 Bounty Builder. This was their reward for navigating their way to a third-place finish. That is a similar prize as the $14,351 “DuTTiFruTTi9” collected when they fell in sixth-place in the $1,050 Sunday High Roller.
Cast your eye over these other excellent results from PokerStars:
- Chris “ShootTheSky” Gee – second-place in the $1,050 Sunday Cooldown for $13,936*
- “Foggsy” – fifth-place in the $107.50 Half Price Sunday Supersonic for $5,897
- “duffm0n” – fourth-place in the $215 Fat Sunday for $5,296
- “emran86” – third-place in the $530 Bounty Builder for $5,247*
- “Golf9797” – second-place in the $109 KOMania for $2,301*
- Terje “daisymiyuki” Bremseth – seventh-place in the Hotter $162 PKO for $1,435*
*includes bounty payments
The Stars Group is a majority shareholder in Oddschecker Global Media, the parent company of PokerNews.