UK & Ireland Sunday Briefing: $60K Day for Margereson
October 11 was another action-packed day for online poker tournament players with huge MTTs taking place at 888poker, GGPoker, partypoker, and PokerStars. Scott Margereson enjoyed his Sunday thanks to chopping a PokerStars event for more than $42,000 and banking more than $19,000 at GGPoker.
The second of those results came in the Sunday High Rollers $1,500. Margereson finished fifth from 223-entrants and won $19,280 at GGPoker.
He wasn’t the only British star to reach multiple final tables. “FreshlyBaked” was the third-place finisher in the High Rollers PLO Main Event $1,050 for $13,320 and the sixth-place finisher in the High Roller MILLION$, a finish worth $41,625.
These are some of the GGPoker highlights involving British and Irish players included:
- “Gr4vyB04t” – ninth-place finish in the BHS 012: Super MILLION$ Bounty Hunters $10,300 for $30,827*
- “Pluto The Doggo” – third-place in the High Rollers Marathon $800 for $28,337
- “THE Sheriff” – first-place in the BHS 016: Six Shooter High Roller $1,260 for $23,938*
- “Highjinx” – seventh-place in the GGMasters High Rollers $1,050 for $23,072
- “sabor_de_mar” – third-place in the Sunday Forty Stack $400 for $18,090
- “GoatT” – fourth-place in the Sundy Forty Stack $400 for $13,260
- “MickeyM” – fifth-place in the BHS 009: Bounty Hunter High Roller SE $525 for $8,873*
- “UFCsDanaWit” – fifth-place in the Sunday Monster Stack $200 for $8,338
- Ian Parsley – seventh-place in the BHS 004: Sunday Six Shooter Special $105 for $2,126*
*includes bounty payments
Over at partypoker, our players enjoyed themselves in the trio of Big Game events.
The Mini Big Game, a $55 buy-in $100,000 guaranteed affair, was won by Steven Simpson who padded his bankroll with $10,436 after a four-handed deal. Dan Stacey, the former UKIPT Isle of Man champion, finished eighth for $1,370.
Kerry Panayiotou is $11,350 richer than before the weekend courtesy of finishing fifth in the $530 buy-in $250,000 guaranteed Big Game.
Although those scores are impressive, the massive haul Ireland’s Mark Davis reeled in blew them out of the water. Davis was the last man standing from the 104-strong field in the $5,200 High Roller Big Game. First place netted Davis $123,111 of the $513,500 prize pool!
Ben “xLIVEPROx” Warrington put together a deep run in the 888Millions SuperStorm Main Event, one that ended in 19th place, a finish worth $5,000. Congratulations to Dominik “888Dominik” Nitsche who took down this event for $121,146. The super-talented German has called the UK home for several years.
“S24NBO” won the 888Millons Sunday Challenge PKO and got their hands on the lion’s share of the $28,000 prize pool. Victory was worth $3,010 plus $3,239 worth of bounty payments through in for good measure. Fellow Brits “colisea13” and “wildcard0404” finished fifth and eight for scores of $1,569 and $535 respectively.
Some of the other 888poker results we noticed included:
- “GusKi14” – second-place in the 888Millons Sunday Mega Deep for $13,100
- “zer0szbr0” – third-place in the 888Millons Sunday Mega Deep for $9,900
- “rio_chaa” – third-place in the 888Millions $33 Sunday BIG Fish for $2,083
- “dudeydudey14” – first-place in the 888Millions $5.50 Sunday BIG Fish for $1,465
- “ultgamb88” – fourth-place in the 888Millions $33 Sunday BIG Fish for $1,443
Finally, let’s take a look at what went down at PokerStars. Let us tell you there were several final table appearances, including a fourth-place finish in the Bigger $109 for Rick “ThEcLaiMEer” Trigg which weighed in at $3,155. “AnFiieLD.” and “lopan83” were present at that final table, finishing in seventh and ninth for prizes worth $1,242 and $667 respectively.
There was also a big win for Ronan “Sw33ney” Sweeney in the $109 Bounty Builder. Sweeney’s victory saw him walk away with $26,142 when bounties were taking into consideration.
Then there was Scott “Aggro Santos” Margereson’s big haul in the $1,050 Sunday High Roller. Margereson officially finished second behind Ivan “zufo16” Zufic but not before striking a deal that saw him pad his bankroll with a cool $41,506.
Check out these other PokerStars results from October 11:
- “AAgoodfold” – fourth-place in the $215 Bounty Builder for $10,533*
- “Phemo” – fourth-place in the $109 Sunday Cooldown for $6,108*
- Richard “ChipsFool” Hoadley – fourth-place in the $109 Sunday Kickoff for $4,303
- Alex “FutureofMe” Kulev – ninth-place in the $215 Bounty Builder for $2,567*
- “barry_dread” – third-place in the $109 Sunday KOmania for $1,328*
*includes bounty payments
The Stars Group is a majority shareholder in Oddschecker Global Media, the parent company of PokerNews.