UK & Ireland Sunday Briefing: Big Scores All Round For British and Irish Players
Poker players from the United Kingdom and Ireland sampled the sweet taste of success on September 6 with scores of them padding their bankrolls with big scores, plus a handful of titles.
GGPoker proved to be a happy hunting ground for our stars, especially in the WSOP Side Event: $800 Marathon. This tournament drew in a crowd of 1,490-entrants who created a $1,132,400 prize pool. One of our own, “wejamminz”, came away with the title and a gargantuan $146,446 prize. That prize would have been larger but the champion struck a deal with Israel’s “pisgapoker_1” who netted $153,451.
“David1234575” was another of our players who found themselves in the winner’s circle. The Brit came out on top of a 565-strong field in the $525 High Rollers Battle Royale. Victory weighed in at a combined $53,107 with $28,166 of that coming from the bounty prize pool. The champion was joined by “zagala” of the UK who won a combined $7,664.
Check out these other notable scores from GGPoker tournaments.
- “9_9” – third-place in the Sunday Special $125 for $20,813
- Ludovic “Gr4vyB04t” Geilich – seventh-place in the WSOP Side Event: $3,000 High Rollers for $18,219
- “Dripbayless” – fifth-place in the Sunday Main Event $200 for $16,914
- “MrSizeMore” – third-place in the Bounty Hunters Sunday Special $105 for $14,967*
- Jack Salter – fifth-place in the Bounty Hunters Main Event $210 for $14,863*
- Gavin Cochrane – fourth-place in the High Rollers PLO Main Event $1K for $14,818
- “Otxarkoagabr” – fifth-place in the WSOP Side Event: $1,260 Super Turbo Bounty 6-Handed for $12,381*
- “Ronalauc” – eighth-place in the WSOP Side Event: $2,500 Deepstack Turbo for $10,954
- “JdKc” – fifth-place in the High Rollers Big Game Hunter $1,050 for $7,164*
- “Highjinx” – seventh-place in the Sunday Monster Stack $200 for $6,823
- “TopRegUK” – eighth-place in the Sunday Monster Stack $200 for $4,906
- Conor Beresford – eighth-place in the Sunday Special $125 for $3,830
- “DrMicky” – ninth-place in the Sunday Special $125 for $2,730
There were a brace of results over at 888poker. “Andreip32” finished second in the $20,000 Sunday Challenge and secured a prize weighing in at $2,124, while “1JohnWrigley” finished 10th in the $100,000 Sunday Mega Deep and scooped $1,100.
Jonathan Clark won the WPT 8-Max Knockout over at partypoker, a result that saw his $530 investment swell to $37,167 with bounties included. Fellow Brit David Hudson won a WPT side event of his own, besting 542-opponents in the $215 WPT Superstack for a $19,990 addition to his bankroll.
Three of our players navigated their way to the final table of the WPT 7-Max Turbo, which was played eight-handed! Scott Margereson did his chances of winning the WPT Player of the Championship leaderboard no harm by finishing eighth for a combined $5,375.
Team partpoker ambassador Patrick Leonard finished sixth for $9,671, while Dusk Till Dawn supremo Rob Yong collected $11,149 for his fifth-place exit.
Over to PokerStars now where the WCOOP is in full swing. Those results are coming at you in a separate article, so we’ll give those events a swerve and start with the victory in the Bigger $109 for “sabulltrp” which weighed in at $12,163. He also finished fourth in the $109 Bounty Builder for an additional $12,944, a tournament won by “squirrel2403” that was worth a cool $37,649.
Emran “emran86” Hussain came close to a victory but fell at the final hurdle in the Hotter $215 PKO. Second-place in this event saw an $8,818 prize wing its way to the runner-up’s account.
Some of the other big PokerStars results include:
- “CrackersJack” – first-place in the $33 Bounty Builder for $15,219*
- “Maxwell_k6” – third-place in the $55 Mini Bounty Builder for $8,684*
- “Ben_Apart” – second-place in the $530 Omania for $4,735
- Dan “NukeTheFish!” Wilson – seventh-place in the $215 Sunday Supersonic for $2,815
- “mrnappa” – second-place in the $109 Sunday Starter for $2,222
*includes bounty payments