UK & Ireland Sunday Briefing: Huge GGPoker Score for MickeyM
Sunday 21 June saw some juicy tournaments take place in the online poker world, including some huge events at GGPoker.
The biggest of these GGPoker tournaments was the High Roller MILLION$ which had a $2 million prize pool for a $500 buy-in. Some 674 players made it through to the final day and 476 of those received at least $1,320. That prize pales into insignificance when you see “MickeyM” got their hands on an incredible $285,986 for their victory! Go Team UK!
Team Ireland had a reason to be cheerful too. “BKBroker” came out on top of an 893-strong field to turn their $200 into a $24,873 score in the Sunday Monster Stack. That prize would have been larger but they struck a deal with Brazil’s “12345123456” when heads-up.
Some of the other notable prizes enjoyed by our players at GGPoker on June 21 included:
- Conor Beresford – second-place in the High Rollers Blade Mulligan for $87,648
- “Bluffonomics” – third-place in the High Rollers Battle Royale for $18,805*
- Conor Beresford – eighth-place in the High Rollers Blade Prime for $16,930
- “StephenEdwards19” – seventh-place in the High Rollers Big Game Hunter for $10,253*
- “Lemon Squeezy” – eighth-place in the Sunday Special $125 for $2,444
There were plenty of reasons to be cheerful over at PokerStars where “CraigAzzy” came close to winning the Bigger $109. He, sadly, fell in second place but that meant he’d still turned his $109 into a prize worth $10,601. Fellow Brits “TR0P_F4CIL3” and “BIGPOEKTSAA” also reached the final table but were the first two players eliminated. They collected $1,464, and $1,053 respectively.
After helping himself to two big prizes at GGPoker, Conor “1_conor_b_1” Beresford scooped another $33,656 at PokerStars. This was Beresford’s reward for his seventh-place finish in the $5,200 NLHE 8-max Summer Series High Roller. The legendary figure of Fedor “CrownUpGuy” Holz won that tournament for an impressive $156,377.
Some of the biggest scores at PokerStars for our players included:
- “MFC_79” – third-place in the $215 Bounty Builder for $14,177*
- Conor “1_conor_b_1” Beresford - fourth-place in the $2,100 Sunday High Roller for $11,021
- Seun “AfRoBiZzLe!” Oluwole - fourth-place in the $109 Bounty Builder for $9,021*
- “Massey_Crush” – fifth-place in the $55 NLHE 6-max PKO Summer Series for $8,467*
- Benny “RunGodlike” Glaser – fourth-place in the $215 PLO 6-Max Summer Series for $8,360
- Max “goodeh99” Silver – sixth-place in the $1,050 Sunday Cooldown for $6,499*
- “sabulltrp” – first-place in the Bigger $55 for $6,224
- “marvelloux” – fourth-place in the $22 Mini Sunday Million for $4,653
- Jonny “swanny2020” Swan – fourth-place in the $22 Double Deuce for $3,160
- “pAtcAsh83” – second-place in the $55 Sunday Stack for $3,064
- “Phander1” – second-place in the Bigger $109 for $2,664
We even had three finalists over at 888poker. First, “MarkBurtoni” finished third in the $25,000 Sunday Challenge for a $2,937 score. Then "EasyClaps” and “Jhotauk” reached the finale of the $100,000 Sunday Mega Deep. The former finished ninth for $1,500 and the latter fourth for a chunkier $7,600.
Finally, over to partypoker where Scott Margereson finished 11th from 542 entries in the $530 Mini Big Game for a $3,364 haul. That finish saw Margereson narrowly miss out on a final table appearance, but Patrick Leonard came close, finishing ninth in the $1,050 Knockout. This saw Leonard collect $1,262 from the main prize pool and $1,500 worth of bounty payments.
One player who did reach the final table was Luke Reeves who walked away with $6,500 after finishing fifth in the $1,050 Warm-Up, while Gavin Cochrane showcased his silky PLO skills in the $5,200 Poker Masters #02 – High Roller: $250K Gtd where he fell in sixth-place for $17,212.