UK & Ireland Sunday Briefing: DeuceofDuc0 Banks $159K
Big scores were the order of the day on Sep. 8 as the PokerStars WCOOP and partypoker KO Series made waves in the online poker world. The biggest prize awarded to someone calling the UK or Ireland home weighed in at an impressive $159,127.
“DeuceofDuc0” got their hands on a mammoth-sized $159,127 prize at the same time as becoming a WCOOP champion. They were one of 1,002 entries in WCOOP-08-H: $1,050 NLHE PKO, an event with a $750,000 guaranteed prize pool.
Several Brits made it into the top 125 places where the main prize pool money was awarded. These included Andy “andyh26” Holman, Jon “luckyfish89” Clarke, and Patrick “pads1161” Leonard.
Three of our players reached the final table.“arron8” busted in eighth-place for $13,204 in total with “lopan83” seeing their tournament end in fourth-place for a $44,731 prize. The day belonged to DeuceofDuc0 who defeated Austria’s David “MonkeyBausss” Laka heads-up to claim the $81,814 top prize and pad it with $77,313 from the bounty prize pool.
UK-based Spaniard “B4NKR0LL3R” won the Hotter $162 for $9,921 and reached the final table of the $109 Sunday Starter, busting in fourth-place for $1,760. B4NKR0LL3R now has more than $1.1 million in cashes at PokerStars.
Some of the other notable PokerStars results included:
- “StupidFr3nch” - fifth-place in the $530 Bounty Builder High Roller for $19,885*
- Adam “Adamyid” Owen – first-place in the WCOOP-16-L: $22 NLHE 8-Max Turbo PKO for $19,442*
- “LitilDevil” - fifth-place in the $109 Bounty Builder for $14,130*
- “spitznspots” - first-place in the $55 Sunday Marathon for $11,856
- “strboxer” - first-place in the Bigger $44 for $9,523
- Jonathan “Proudflop” Proudfoot third-place in the Bigger $215 for $6,839
- Ben “jenbizzle” Jones – eighth-place in the $1,050 Sunday Supersonic for $6,440
- “spagheddi.eat” - seventh-place in the $215 Bounty Builder for $5,517*
- “sman9876” - seventh-place in the $215 Sunday Supersonic for $4,193
- Sam “SamSquid” Grafton – ninth-place in the $109 Bounty Builder for $4,058*
- Conor “1_conor_b_1” Beresford – eighth-place in the $530 Sunday 500 for $3,362
- “PAROOVKA” - seventh-place in the Bigger $109 for $3,112
- “DannyJLM10” - third-place in the $109 Sunday Starter for $2,382
- “B0NGFACE” - fifth-place in the $109 Omania for $1,154
- “Ben_Apart” - sixth-place in the $109 Omania for $822
*includes bounty payments
Across to 888poker now where the Sunday Sale promotion went down a treat. Sunday Sale sees 888poker slash the buy-ins for several of its biggest tournaments, including the $100,000 Mega Deep. This week’s Mega Deep featured the same $100,000 guarantee but only cost $109 to enter instead of $215. This resulted in a 1,006-strong field turning out for it.
Two of our players finished in sixth and seventh-place. “Andy.69.Nuts” fell in sixth for $4,225 with “COME2PAPPA14” collecting $3,219 for their seventh-place exit.
Another two Brits were present and correct at the final table of the $20,000 Sunday Sale Whale, which cost $320 this weekend. Chris “888Moorman” Moorman netted $972 for his ninth-place bust out, while Jareth “hteraaj2001” East collected $3,078 for their $320 investment.
Shout-out also to Charlie “chazcombes” Combes who took down the $88 Sunday PKO 8-Max for $1,740 plus $1,852 worth of bounties.
We have to also mention Roberto “R_Romanello” Romanello who finished second in the $215 KO Series #01-H: $200K Gtd 8-Max event at partypoker for $17,747 on total. It’s difficult to track UK and Irish players at partypoker these days after the enforced alias change and the removal of county flags, but the team partypoker pro stood out from the crowd with this impressive results.
The Stars Group owns a majority shareholding in iBus Media