UK & Ireland Sunday Briefing: Simon Higgins Banks $55.5K
The 2018 World Series of Poker is rapidly heading towards concluding and many of the British and Irish online poker contingent have taken some time away from the virtual felt to recover from the Las Vegas shenanigans.
One player obviously not on a break is Simon “Simon1471” Higgins. The Lincolnshire-based star was one of 589 entrants in the PokerStars $530 Bounty Builder High Roller, a field that created a $294,500 prize pool. Almost 19 percent of that impressive sum is now nestled in Higgins’ PokerStars account after he was the last man standing.
Higgins collected a total of $55,545 for his victory, made up of $25,993 for winning and $29,552 worth of bounty payments.
Jonathan “Proudflop” Proudfoot was another British player navigating his way to a major final table, this time the Sunday 500. Proudfoot has been in terrific form over the past year and is challenging for the number one spot in the UK & Ireland online poke rankings. Finishing sixth in the Sunday 500 for $5,008 will certainly help his cause.
Some of the other notable score from PokerStars on Jul. 8 included:
- “faraz jaka_7” – first-place in the $215 Sunday Supersonic for $21,535
- “bartek901” – fifth-place in the $2,100 Sunday High Roller for $10,161
- Ian “olehaswonit” Hunter – seventh-place in the $2,100 Sunday High Roller for $5,815
- Steve “Mr. Tim Caum” O’Dwyer – eighth-place in the $2,100 Sunday High Roller for $4,400
- “nsmyther” – second-place in the $109 Sunday Wrap-Up for $4,013
- “shenideda” – sixth-place in the Bigger $215 for $3,367
- “BustsinAA” – fourth-place in the $22 Mini Sunday Supersonic for $3,315
- “Merfinis” – eighth-place in the $22 Double Deuce for $1,351
- Henri “Buehlero” Buhler – sixth-place in the $109 Sunday Wrap-Up for $1,158
- “kamazotis” – seventh-place in the $22 Mini Sunday Supersonic for $1,078
- “1MTM91” – sixth-place in the $109 Sunday Starter for $1,008
There were a brace of solid results over at partypoker. First, Patrick “Patrick_Leonard” Leonard, the Team partypoker ambassador, finished seventh in the Super Sunday 1K Deepstack for $4,000 and Richard “NoOnionsBlud” Kellett turned $215 into $9,200 by finishing third in the Super Sunday Deepstack-H: $100K Gtd; Ireland’s Ronan “Sw33ney” Sweeney busted in sixth-place in the same event for $3,300.
Finally, for this week at least, a mention of “plomaha” who was the runner-up in the 888poker $35,000 Sunday Challenge, an impressive finish worth $5,425.
The Stars Group owns a majority shareholding in iBus Media