UK & Ireland Sunday Briefing: Patrick Leonard Wins Bounty Builder High Roller
Patrick “pads1161” Leonard ensured he enjoyed a profitable Sunday session after he won the PokerStars $530 Bounty Builder High Roller.
Leonard was one of 817 entrants (577 entries and 240 re-entries) in the $400,000 guaranteed High Roller and was the last man standing after 14 hours of play. The partypoker ambassador walked away with a cool $62,702, which included $28,180 in bounty payments.
The closest anyone from the United Kingdom or Ireland got to Leonard was Sam “SamSquid” Grafton who finished in 31st place for $1,974 including bounties.
While Leonard was busy navigating his way to yet another victory, scores of other British players were trying to make their way to their own final tables. The $109 Sunday Kickoff had two Brits at its final table after “ComeUpstairs” finished fourth for $5,233 and “OMGuGotLeaks” bust in third-place for $7,211.
There was also a decent score for “LouisBall96” who finished fourth in the Bigger $109 for $9,223 and for “UKPokerNinja” who banked $17,599 for their seventh-place finish in the $215 Sunday Million.
Some of the other notable cashes included:
- Paul “Senterpied” Senter - first-place in the Bigger $215 for $22,000
- “despedespi332” - second-place in the $109 Sunday Cooldown for $13,459
- Charlie “JIZOINT” Combes - third-place in the Bigger $215 for $11,586
- “Cottonbud07” - fourth-place in the $215 Sunday Supersonic for $9,544
- “bk0705” - sixth-place in the $215 Bounty Builder for $5,496*
- David “Clarkson7” Clarkson - fifth-place in the $109 Sunday Cooldown for $5,143
- “19-RiccoG-81” - seventh-place in the $215 Bounty Builder for $4,797*
- Toby “810ofclubs” Lewis - sixth-place in the $530 Omania High Roller for $4,768
- Jack “Jackerzzzzzz” Loraine - third-place in the $109 Sunday Wrap-Up for $3,769
- Billy “b8chatz” Chattaway - fifth-place in the Hotter $162 for $2,346
- Alex “lynskey99” Lynskey - fifth-place in the Bigger $162 for $1,702
- Rick “ThEcLaiMEer” Trigg - fifth-place in the $109 Bubble Rush for $1,376
*includes bounty payments
Over at partypoker, there was a big win for Rick “tHeClaImEr1” Trigg of Sheffield. Trigg came out on top of a 1,667-strong field in the Super Sunday Main Event-H: $200K Gtd to turn $109 into a most impressive $33,740. This latest victory pushes Trigg towards $7.7 million in online poker tournament winnings.
Across to 888poker now where a handful of British players walked away with a nice return on their initial investments.
One such player was “mrpemite85” who bubbled the eight-handed final table of the $100,000 Mega Deep to turn $215 into $2,000, while Craig “craigbor18” Borror finished fourth in the $50,000 Sunday Challenge for $4,000.
Finally, Ryan “planty1994” Plant turned $88 into $1,650 by progressing to fifth-place in the $30,000 Sunday GREAT 8 tournament.
The Stars Group owns a majority shareholding in iBus Media