UK & Ireland Sunday Briefing: Leonard Enjoys a Super Sunday
Online poker tournament players are spoilt for choice at the moment thanks to the PokerStars Spring Championship Of Online Poker, 888 XL Inferno and partypoker Powerfest being in full swing. It was in the latter that Patrick Leonard excelled in at the weekend, reaching the final table of two events.
Leonard, formerly ranked number one in the world by PocketFives, navigated his way to a sixth-place finish in the $300K Gtd Super High Roller and turned $2,600 into $18,112 before finishing fourth in the $500K Gtd Final Phase event for an additional $47,748.
While grinding on partypoker, Leonard entered the $1,050 NLHE 8-Max SCOOP event at PokerStars and finished fourth for $59,175.
Another talented British player helping themselves to a final table appearance was Jonathan “jgjg3000” Gill who finished fourth in the $200K Gtd Final Phase for a $19,592 return on his $215.
Over at 888poker, “CrystalMad” finished as the runner-up in the $150,000 Mega Deep for a $25,142 score with “Hustlejg” finishing seventh in the same tournament for a $5,802 addition to his bankroll.
There was a five-figure score for “SoulRead88uk” courtesy of a sixth-place finish in the $200,000 Tune Up, which netted him $10,297. “PacoMonon” fell in ninth-place for $2,867. Also, in the $200,000 Whale, “PureNutella” finishing in eighth-place and banked $6,318, “JnyMcSmkPot” finished ninth in the $30,000 Sunday Lightning for $1,280 and Ireland’s Cathal “cshine87” Shine won $15,532 after finishing second in the $100,000 Sunday Challenge and being part of a three-way deal.
Two British players reached the final table of the $30,000 Sunday Tornado, too. “Andy.69.Nuts” bust in sixth-place for a $1,557 score with Paul “Senta99” Senter falling two places later in fourth spot for $2,941.
Finally, for the 888poker results at least, is the fifth-place finish by “Juanfran1973” in the $50,000 Turbo Mega Deep worth $3,027 and the eighth-place finish in the same tournament by Ireland’s “BigRazor11” which bagged him $1,305.
The PokerStars SCOOP produced some excellent results for players who call the UK and Ireland home.
One of the biggest scores enjoyed by our players went to Sam “SamSquid” Grafton who won the $1,050 NL Omaha 8 event for a massive $51,285. Grafton was joined at the final table by Richard “CHUFTY” Ashby and Rob “robc1978” Cowen who bust fifth and eighth for $14,465 and $6,575.
Scotland’s Ludovic “ludovi333” Geilich helped himself to the $31,698 third-place prize in the $109 NLHE Sunday Kickoff Edition, while some of the other notable results included:
- “Lyonwin” – sixth place in the $215 Sunday Warm-Up SCOOP Edition for $13,253
- “flong78” – eighth-place in the $2,100 NLHE 6-Max SCOOP for $28,274
- Manu “manuverd0n” Bardon – fourth-place in the $215 Weekender for $5,572
- “SaiyanHype” – fourth-place in the Big $109 for $10,974
- Jonathan “Proudflop” Proudfoot – fifth-place in the $700 Super-Sized Sunday for $14,266
- “Pe-T” – eighth-place in the $700 Super-Sized Sunday for $5,618
- “grindwizard” – ninth-place in the $215 Sunday Million SCOOP for $10,763
- Elliott “elliottpet” Peterman – fourth-place in the $1,050 Sunday Grand NLHE for $21,808
- “DixyDix” – third-place in the $109 PLO 6-Mac PKO SCOOP for $8,785
- Tom “tjbentham” Bentham – seventh-place in the $1,050 PLO 6-Max PKO SCOOP for $4,987
- “hdjgkfkgsdl” – second-place in the $109 Sunday Wrap-Up for $6,563
Stay tuned to UK & Ireland PokerNews to keep up-to-date with the latest poker news, results and gossip.