It was a relatively quiet weekend of online poker action for players calling the United Kingdom and Ireland home as an army of players from these countries descended on the Czech Republic capital, Prague, for the last-ever European Poker Tour festival.
Despite being thin on the ground in terms of number of players grinding online poker tournaments, this Sunday did see some big scores enjoyed by our players, with none of them as substantial as the $99,886.60 won by the UK’s “nodnek111.”
“Nodnek111” was one of 4,915 players to enter the $215 Sunday Million at PokerStars this week, a figure that meant online poker’s biggest weekly tournament had a slight overlay on its $1 million guarantee.
A total of 692 places were paid, a min-cash being worth $450.10 and a win weighing in at $142,335.70. Dozens of players from the UK and Ireland navigated their way to the money places, with Ashley “sickhangover” Hunt and “youngblood51” narrowly missing out on a final table appearance after falling in 12th and 10th place for scores of $5,875.70.
The last remaining Brit was “nodnek111” who went into the heads-up battle trailing three-to-one in chips and it was a gap too large to bridge. The final hand of the Sunday Million saw “nodnek111” open to 911,200 with and “WestCliff21” call with . “WestCliff21” checked on the flop then check-raised to 2.6 million when “nodnek111” bet 875,104. “Nodnek111” responded with an all-in bet of 10.2 million and was quickly called. The turn left “nodnek111” drawing dead, resigning him to the $99,886.60 consolation prize.
Some of the other notable cashes from the high stakes PokerStars games this Sunday include:
- “skadooshh” - fourth place in the Big $162 for $2,253.57
- Ludovic “ludovi333” Geilich - seventh place in the Hot $162 for $1,071.08
- Daniel “DanielT999” Tighe - sixth place in the $215 Weekender for $2,214.73
- “ComeUpstairs” - sixth place in the Big $109 for $4,563.96
- “ComeUpstairs” - seventh place in the Hot $162 for $2,011.99
- Enzo “EnzoDelpiero” Del Piero - third place in the Hot $109 for $9,143.10
- Kevin “parksy1066” Parkes - sixth place in the Hot $109 for $3,398.57
- “6fives” - ninth place in the Hot $109 for $1,263.28
- “thehushpuppy” - seventh place in the $215 Sunday Supersonic for $3,965.17
- James “deyrzuited” Noonan - third place in the $109 Sunday Wrap-Up for $4,983.14
Over at partypoker, Marc “railthe23price” Wright, who recently won the GUKPT Grand Final, won the $40,000 Gtd Drago and turned $109 into $7,848.83 while Oliver “ThreeBunPass” Price continued his excellent run in the $2,600 Super High Roller by finishing as the runner-up for a $28,750 boost to his bankroll.
Across to 888poker now where three UK-based players reached the final table of the $100,000 Mega Deep. Jono “Spyver” Beck fell in fifth place and collected $6,739.08 and “gordijuuuuuu” went one place deeper and banked $9,591.20. However, it was Jonathan “jgjg3000” Gill who progressed the furthest, crashing out in third place for $12,746.20.
In the $40,000 Turbo Mega Deep, “djmtm” navigated their way to a fourth place finish worth $3,500 while Daniel “scrotusD” Carter added $1,930.50 to his lifetime winnings by finishing fifth in the $25,000 Sunday Lightning 6-Max before finishing sixth in the $70,000 Sunday Challenge for an additional $3,467.74.