If you’re reading this article it is safe to assume that you play online poker. So the question is, do you have friends who also play tournaments online and are they good enough to help you win a share of at least £30,000 and maybe up to £100,000? Well, are they?
Running from August 1 through to September 30, 2015, is the inaugural partypoker UK Team Challenge. This unique event pits you and your team against others over the course of two months culminating in a live final held at Dusk Till Dawn (DTD), Nottingham.
The concept of the UK Team Challenge is simple:
- Choose between one and three friends to make up your team.
- Register your team at the partypoker UK Team Challenge page.
- Play in as many qualifying tournaments between August 1 and September 30, 2015 to earn Leaderboard Chip.
- Earn at least 250,000 Leaderboard Chips throughout the challenge to be invited to the live final.
- Win a share of at least £30,000 but maybe as much as £100,000.
- Brag to your friends!
Earning Leaderboard Chips
Once you have your team selected and registered, it is time to start earning Leaderboard Chips. You do this by entering the $5.50 Daily Major: $1,000 Gtd Micro and the $27.50 Daily Major: $5,000 Gtd Mini that run online at partypoker every night at 8:00 p.m. BST.
Everyone receives Leaderboard Chips for playing in these tournaments, but it’s those reaching the final tables that are rewarded the most with the winner of the $27.50 Daily Major: $5,000 Gtd Mini walking away with 100,000 precious Leaderboard Chips.
You and your team can also give your Leaderboard Chips a significant boost by completing the four special Booster Missions. Each of these missions, which you need to opt into separately, award 5,000 chips when completed, so if all four of your team complete all four, that’s 80,000 Leaderboard Chips right there.
How much can you win in the UK Team Challenge?
While bragging rights among your peers are priceless, poker players simply have to play for money and there’s plenty of it in the partypoker UK Team Challenge. partypoker guaranteeing that at least £30,000 is going to be paid out and is adding £5,000 to the prize pool every time 100 teams are entered up to a total prize pool of £100,000.
80% of the live final prize pool goes to the team element with the remaining 20% paying the individual leaderboards, more on those shortly!
In addition to the free money that partypoker is adding to make up the live final prize pool, you get to keep every cent and ticket you win in the qualifying tournaments – no money is taken from those prize pool, only the usual tournament fees apply.
Will you be your team’s Star Player?
As you earn Leaderboard Chips for your team, you’re also earning them for yourself in the Star Player Leaderboard at the same rate. Finish at the top of this individual leader board and you’ll win a £2,200 World Poker Tour seat, with those finishing second through tenth walking away with a $120 DTD ticket.
Register your team now!
Registration is open now and remains open until September 30, but the earlier you register, the sooner you can start to earn those Leaderboard chips.
Please note, this special promotion is only open to residents of the United Kingdom who hold a partypoker account. Don’t have one? Download partypoker via PokerNews, enter the bonus code “PNCOM” and enjoy a free $10 and a 100% up to $500 welcome bonus when you make your first deposit.