PokerStars to Create Five Millionaires During the Next Eight Weeks
The world’s largest online poker site plans to create at least five millionaires during the coming eight weeks with the help of the PokerStars Makes Millionaires promotion.
Twenty-two players have won a million dollars or more from PokerStars’ online tournaments including German superstar Fedor “CrownUpGuy” Holz who walked away with $1,300,000 when he won the 2014 World Championship Of Online Poker (WCOOP) Main Event.
The largest online winner is Tyson “POTTERPOKER” Marks who scooped an incredible $2,278,098 when he won the 2010 edition of the WCOOP Main Event.
In the world of live poker, PokerStars has created a grand total of 95 millionaires with the biggest single haul weighing in at $4,462,293. This was Niklas Heinecker’s score when he won the PokerStars-sponsored GuangDong Asia Millions Main Event in 2014.
If you play at PokerStars between now and May 24 you too could become a poker millionaire. One method is to play the $1 Million Sin & Go tournaments that run 24-hours per day and cost a mere $5 to enter. While the odds of hitting the massive $1 million jackpot are slim, three PokerStars players have already managed to hit it!
Keeping with the online poker world, between April 6 and April 30 you have the chance to complete some simple challenges where, if successful, you’re entered into a $150,000 All-In Shootout. Win this and you progress to a six-handed tournament where the least you’ll walk away with is $10,000 but the champion will bank a cool $1 million – there are two round of these tournaments so two more millionaires.
Also online at PokerStars is the special deposit raffle that sees $400,000 worth of WCOOP Main Event seats – $1 million is guaranteed for the 2015 WCOOP champion – just for making a deposit into your account after May 2!
Into the realm of the live poker world now and the EPT Grand Final is only a few weeks away and PokerStars is guaranteeing that it’s champion will win at least €1 million. Not only that, but make a deposit of at least $70 into your PokerStars account before April 6 using the deposit code EPTMILLION and you’ll be rewarded with an EPT Grand Final €11 satellite ticket.
Finally, you have the chance to win a €14,000 package to the EPT Grand Final for free thanks to freerolls that run five times per day until April 5. There are a total of three packages to be won and we wish you the very best of luck in bagging one.
PokerStars Makes Millionaires Promotion Schedule
- $1 Million Spin & Go (From March 27) — Players can turn $5 into $1,000,000 in just minutes with special $1 Million Spin & Go’s. Click here for more info.
- EPT Grand Final Promo (March 27 – April 6) — Players can win a free package to the EPT Grand Final Main Event in Monaco, with a guaranteed €1 million for the Main Event winner. There are a series of freerolls from March 27 to April 6 in which PokerStars is giving away three free Main Event packages, and players can also claim a free €11 satellite ticket by making a deposit.
- EPT Grand Final Mega Qualifier (April 5) — Players can win a €14,000 EPT prize package in the Mega Qualifier on April 5 at 13:05 ET, with 10 packages guaranteed.
- Millionaire Month (Round 1: April 6 – 17, Round 2: April 19 – 30) — PokerStars is giving away more than $4 million in cash prizes during Millionaire Month which gives players the chance to win $1 million via two Millionaire Finals. Players need to complete simple challenges during the qualification periods for entry into $150,000 All-in Shootouts. The winner of each of the six All-in Shootouts in Round 1 (April 18) and in Round 2 (May 1) advances to the six-player Millionaire Finals tourneys on May 10 at 13:00 ET, where two new cash millionaires will be crowned, one in each of the finals.
- May 2-22: SCOOP All-in Shootout Deposit Raffle — Players can win their way to the Spring Championship of Online Poker (SCOOP) Main Event (High) for free and play for a first prize of at least $1 million. Players simply need to make a deposit to receive a raffle ticket. In the All-in Shootout we’ve got 16 free SCOOP High Main Event entries - each worth $10,300 - up for grabs, plus over 2,000 free entries to the SCOOP Low and Medium Main Events.
- SCOOP High Main Event (May 24) — $1 Million is guaranteed to SCOOP High Main Event winner.
Don’t have a PokerStars account? Don’t worry because you can download PokerStars via PokerNews. If you do so, make sure that you enter the marketing code UKPOKERNEWS when creating your account and then STARS600 when making your first deposit because doing so entitles you to a 100% match up to $600 first deposit bonus plus it gives you access to all future promotions that PokerStars and PokerNews hold together.
For more on what it's like to become a PokerStars millionaire, check out this video featuring those who have done it: