UK & Ireland’s Players Win $2.7 Million From First 45 WSOP Events
The 2014 World Series of Poker is around two-thirds of the way through with 45 of the 65 events completed and their champions crowned. To date, our boys and girls have won one bracelet — won by John Kabbaj --, which may not sound a lot in the grand scheme of things, but they have been helping themselves to tons of cash along the way.
At the completion of Event #45, players from the UK and Ireland have reached the money place a total of 147 times of which 11 of those cashes were had at final tables. When added together, the total value of cashes from our players weighs in at an impressive $2,707,603 and with some massive events still to come this series, that figure should be boosted significantly.
The largest cash we have had so far belongs to Andrew Teng whose fourth place finish in the Millionaire Maker banked him $465,972.00.
Five other players have secured five-figure payouts for their valiant efforts, they are:
- Richard Ashby – Tenth in Event #10 for $274,019
- Max Silver – Third in Event #32 for $273,646
- John Kabbaj – First in Event #25 for $267,327
- Richard Ashby – Fourth in Event #22 for $150,625
- Peter Gould – Fourth in Event #31 for $122,731
Despite his final table in the Millionaire Maker, Teng is second in the most money one category because Richard Ashby has reached the money four times for combined scores of $475,453. Max Silver in third place thanks to accumulating a total of $335,743 via his five cashes thus far.
Silver’s five in-the-money finishes are the most of any of our players, although the likes of Barny Boatman ($47,850), Derek Miller ($12,134), Matt Davenport ($24,119), Rhys Jones ($39,499), Sebastian Saffari ($17,073), Stephen Chidwick ($19,591), and Sunny Chattha ($20,318) each have a trio of WSOP cashes under their belts.
Here are a few cliff notes of how the 2014 WSOP has gone for UK & Ireland’s players:
- Total cashes through Event #45: 147
- Total final tables: 11
- Total bracelets won: 1
- Total prize money won: $2,707,603
- Largest single cash: Andrew Teng ($465,972)
- Most cash won: Richard Ashby ($475,453)
- Most cashes: Max Silver (5)
- Event with most cashes: Event #8 Millionaire Maker, Event #17 Seniors and Event #44 $1.5k each with 11 cashes.
Stay tuned to UK & Ireland PokerNews’ Live Reporting pages as we bring you updates from every single event of the 2014 WSOP. Good luck to all of the UK and Ireland’s players in the remaining 20 events of this year’s series.