PokerNews Seeking European Senior Editor
PokerNews.com, the world's leading poker news website, is seeking a European Senior Editor. This job is to oversee, produce, and develop European news content for PokerNews.com. In conjunction with other PokerNews Senior Editors, this role includes strategic planning, coordination, and production of content among multiple sources aligned with the overall PokerNews vision.
This is a European-based position. The job will consist of resourcing, producing, editing, and posting daily news content relevant to the poker and gaming industries; managing scheduling of editorial content; and duties with PokerNews live reporting.
The position requires strong knowledge and passion for poker and gaming on a global level with high concentration towards the European market. Extensive background in writing, reporting, and editing is a must, with ability to write in American-style English.
The European Senior Editor will work to expand and make PokerNews' digital editorial coverage more comprehensive and in-depth. The position will be responsible for ensuring that all content meets PokerNews' established tone, theme, accuracy, style, and consistency requirements.
- 2 to 3 years of editorial experience
- Journalism and writing experience
- Strong communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Excellent English grammar and organizational skills
- Strong knowledge of poker, including all forms of the game, companies, players, events, etc.
- Strong passion for poker
- Knowledge of the gaming industry
- Ability to follow, resource, and construct news stories at various stages of development
- Journalistic understanding of poker
- Work independently and be self-motivated
- Adaptable and flexible with ability to multitask
- Ability to work under pressure
- Understanding of basic HTML and related web-authoring tools and software, as well as social media tools
- Appreciation of pop culture and understanding of PokerNews' audience demographic of ESPN's audiences
- Willingness to travel when required
- Provide timely and relevant news content from the European-based poker and gaming markets
- Update readers on progress of poker events, developing and standing stories, player news, and industry happenings
- Work in conjunction with PokerNews editorial team
- Interview players, industry officials, and other key people where necessary
Please send a cover letter and résumé with writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: European Senior Editor.