Chris Moorman Surpasses $10 Million in Lifetime Online Earnings
On Saturday, Chris "moorman1" Moorman won a $215 buy-in event on PartyPoker, earning $9,500 and surpassing $10 million in lifetime career online earnings. Moorman isn't only the first player to surpass eight figures, according to PocketFives, no other player has even earned more than $7.5 million playing online tournaments.
Moorman previously told PokerNews that he wanted break the barrier with a win in the World Championship of Online Poker, but he's satisfied with this win nonetheless.
"I'm glad to make the mark in style with a victory taking me over the line rather than a bunch of min cashes," Moorman said on Saturday. "Hopefully I can make a run at the WCOOP Main Event tomorrow and get myself well on the way to the next 10 million."
Moorman is currently in Mexico, and his good friend Paul Foltyn snapped this picture during Saturday's session:
Here are 10 Moorman related facts for all you Moormanites out there in cyber space!
- Moorman’s total online winnings top the scales at $10,009,055
- It took Moorman 5,942 cashes to reach the $10 million barrier, meaning his average cash is
- Moorman’s record of cashing in the top three places is remarkable, he has 225 wins, 146 seconds and 182 thirds. The mathematicians among you will quickly figure out that Moorman reaches the top three places 9.3% of the times he cashes, which is ridiculous!
- Despite his huge winnings total, Moorman has only four six-figure cashes to his name, the last and largest of these came in 2011 when he finished third in the $1k Monday $2 million at Full Tilt Poker for $235,592.
- Moorman has been ranked number one in the world on 18 occasions, the first being on August 27, 2008 and the last October 19, 2011.
- Along with the record amount of winnings, Moorman also holds the most Triple Crowns with 15. His first Triple Crown, where a player wins three tournaments at three different poker sites within seven days, was awarded back in March 2007 with the 15th coming in September 2013.
- Moorman credits Paul “Paolo69” Foltyn and David “geeforce1” Gent as the two players who helped to get his career off the ground. Ironically, and rather fittingly, Moorman and Folytn were in Mexico together when Moorman pushed through the $10 million mark.
- Moorman wanted to win a WCOOP event to pass $10 million but had to make do with a victory in the partypoker $215 buy-in instead. Moorman added $9,500 to his remarkable total with that 225th victory.
- Although obviously an online specialist, Moorman has amassed $2,962,569 in live tournament earnings.
- Despite his almost $3 million in live winnings and his 225 wins online, Moorman has only one live victory on his CV. This came in a €2,000 Bounty Turbo event at EPT Madrid in 2011. Moorman does have four second place finishes, including a runner-up spot at the $10,000 No Limit Hold’em Six-Max World Championship at the 2011 World Series of Poker and at the €10,000 WSOPE Main Event also in 2011.
Moorman announced on Thursday that he will be launching a brand new interactive website. The new site features a blog with bi-weekly posts personally written by Moorman, as well as exclusive cuts of Moorman's best hands and behind-the-scenes videos and photos.