Now Live WPT National MarrakeshCash Game Festival London

Sky Poker UKOPS Begins Today

Sky Poker UKOPS

Today marks the start of the inaugural Sky Poker UK Online Poker Series and they have really pushed the boat out and slapped some massive guarantees on each of the eight events. Running between October 31 and November 6, the UKOPS features a mixture events including a Bounty Hunter tournament, a Pot Limit Omaha one rebuy/one add-on, a £500 +£30 High Roller event and for the action junkies amongst you a £20 +£2 turbo rebuy tournament!

Event #1 is the £100 +£10 Bounty Hunter tournament that has a huge £20,000 guarantee attached to it. Bounty Hunter tournaments are extremely popular on Sky Poker thanks to them rewarding aggressive play. For each opponent a player knocks out they receive 75% of their bounty in cash and the other 25% is added to their own head, making them a more attractive to attack, it really is a great format.

The grand finale takes place at 1900 on Sunday 6 November, Event #8, the £200 +£20 Main Event, with a £40,000 guarantee. Players will start the UKOPS Main Event with 8,000 chips and will play to a 15-minute clock. Blinds start at just 15/30 then go up very gradually to 20/40, 30/60 and 40/80. By the time players have been at the virtual felt for two hours they will still only be paying 125/250 in blinds!

If any of the buy-ins are out of your bankroll then you could always try your arm at the many satellites running daily. These satellites start at just £1.20, which you could turn into five-figures by taking down the tournament it feeds into!

Sky Poker decided to put this excellent online series together on the back of a very successful live tour as explained by Dave Bland. “The UKOPS is the natural follow-on from the Sky Poker Tour. With such a popular live event series it was only a matter of time before Sky put its name to a huge online series too, and we hope the first ever UKOPS will cater to high roller and recreational players from all around the UK”

Sky Poker UKOPS Schedule

 EventDateTimeTournamentGuarantee
 1Mon 31 Oct8pm£100+£10 NLHE Bounty Hunter£20,000
 2Tue 1 Nov8pm£50+£5 PLO (1r1a)£10,000
 3Wed 2 Nov8pm£100+£10 NLHE Double Stack£10,000
 4Thu 3 Nov8pm£500+£30 NLHE High Roller£25,000
 5Fri 4 Nov8pm£50+£5 NLHE Rebuy£15,000
 6Sat 5 Nov8pm£20+£2 NLHE Turbo Rebuy£10,000
 7Sat 5 Nov8pm£100+£10 NLHE Freezeout£10,000
 8Sun 6 Nov8pm£200+£20 NLHE Main Event£40,000

More Stories

Other Stories

What do you think?