3 Big UK Main Events start today
This week could actually be the biggest week of the year (Other than maybe the WSOPE/EPT crossover week) for UK poker and today sees the start of three major main events. There is of course the Gala Coral British Poker Tour Grand Final at the Harbourside in Bristol which begins day 1a today, the Dusk Till Dawn Anniversary Cup main event in Nottingham and the GUKPT Champion of Champions event in Luton. We can't decide which one we want to go down for, but rest assured, you can see all the results as they happen at UK Pokernews.
Irish Open side events revealed
Paddy Power have unveiled more details on next year's Irish Open, giving us an idea of what side events to expect. The side events at the Irish Open are often a fantastic spectacle in themselves and next year a €1,500+€150 no limit hold'em event makes a return as does the €300+€30 PLO rebuy tournament which is very popular. The ladies event is back and a €300+€30 charity event is also planned, with €100 and all the €30 registration fee of the buy-in going to charity.
You can qualify for the €3,200 main event every Sunday in the fantastic $200+$20 supersatelitte at Poker770.
Peter Jepsen joins Ladbrokes Poker
Danish sensation Peter Jepsen is the latest Scandinavian super star to join Ladbrokes Poker. The young online sensation was unveiled at a press meeting in Copenhagen yesterday after parting ways with Full Tilt Poker:
"I have been with Full Tilt for a year and it has been great but, of course, this deal will profile me more than being a part of Full Tilt's big 'armada' and I am delighted to be back with the site where my online career practically started and that has given me a lot of my initial bank roll" said Jepsen at the meeting.
Richard Funch of Ladbrokes Poker commented "We had only one name on our papers when we decided to look for a new Danish player to be our feature player. We are very glad Peter saw this as a great opportunity as well. It has cost us a big sack of Christmas money to win Peter over but I am sure it is money well spent.
Pokerstars Russian Tour
Pokerstars.net are really taking over the world quite literally, with the news of a Russian Poker Tour hosted by the top poker room. Russia are one of the fastest developing poker countries in the World, having boasted two players at the last two WSOP main event finals and these days hosting some of the biggest live cash games in the World.
The inaugural event will be in St Petersburg between January 25th and February 1st with a $5000 buy in. Moscow is also on the cards between February 22nd-28th with a $10,000 main event. More events are expected and you can qualify for both of them from as little as $2.22 or 111 FFPs exclusively at Pokerstars.net.
Aussie Millions schedule announced
The Crown Casino in Melbourne, which is one of the best venues in the world to play poker, have revealed details of next year's Aussie Millions festival. Once again there is a $100,000 high rollers event as well as a heads up shootout amongst the side events to the $10,500 main event:
• Fri, 9 Jan — Event 1 — No Limit Holdem ($500,000 Guarantee) — $1,100 buy-in
• Sun, 11 Jan — Event 2 — PokerPro No Limit Holdem — $1,050 buy-in
• Mon, 12 Jan — Event 3 — Limit Omaha Hi-Lo — $1,100 buy-in
• Tue, 13 Jan — Event 4 — Limit Holdem $1,100 buy-in
• Wed, 14 Jan — Event 5 — H.O.R.S.E — $1,100 buy-in
• Thu, 15 Jan — Event 6 — No Limit Holdem w/Rebuys — $1,150 buy-in/$1,000 Rebuys
• Fri, 16 Jan — Event 7 — No Limit Holdem w/Bounties — $1,650
• Sat, 17 Jan — Event 8 — $100,000 No Limit Holdem Challenge — $100,500 buy-in
• Sun, 18 Jan — Event 9 — Aussie Millions Main Event (5 day event) — $10,500 buy-in
• Mon, 19 Jan — Event 10 — Australian Heads Up Championship — $5,300 buy-in
• Wed, 21 Jan — Event 11 — Pot Limit Omaha — $1,100 buy-in
• Thu, 22 Jan — Event 12 — Pot Limit Omaha w/Rebuys — $3,250 buy-in/$3,000 Rebuys
• Thu, 22 Jan — Event 13 — Mixed Holdem — $1,100 buy-in
• Fri, 23 Jan — Event 14 — No Limit Holdem - 6 Handed — $2,200 buy-in
• Sat, 24 Jan — Event 15 — No Limit Holdem - Teams Event — $2,200 buy-in
• Sat, 24 Jan — Evebt 16 — H.O.R.S.E — $10,200 buy-in
• Sun, 25 Jan — Event 17 — Turbo No Limit Holdem — $1,100 buy-in
• Mon, 26 Jan — Event 18 — Australian 2 Card Manila Championship — $1,100 buy-in/$1,000 Rebuys
Don't forget we are still giving away a bunch of free seats to this world class festival, check out our Freerolls page for more details.