WSOP Round-Up – Events # 40 to 45 – Praz Bansi wins UK’s second Bracelet
We have got to the end! The end, that is, of the mammoth World Series of Poker 2006!!
While the Main Event, which is number 39 on the schedule, had been playing out to great publicity surrounding the steamroller that is Jamie Gold, events numbered 40 through 45 were squeezed in once some tables were freed up. We now round up those side events, all but one of which were $1,500 No Limit Texas Hold’em tournaments:
Event # 40: $1,000 No Limit Texas Hold’em (1,100 entrants)
1. Praz Bansi (London, UK) - Winner of Bracelet and $230,209.
2. Anh Lu (Ohio, USA) - $120,120
3. Baktosh Gulzarzada (California, USA) - $63,570
Other notables: Sverre Sundbo 23rd.
UK/Ireland cashes: Praz Bansi 1st and Bracelet ($230,209); Arshad Hussain 13th ($15,516); George McDonald 42nd ($4,004); Dave Masters 64th ($2,503); Paul Dilley 82nd ($1,502); Kevin Hayes 91st ($1,502); Marino Mura 98th ($600); James Lowe 102nd ($600).
Event # 41: $1,500 No Limit Hold’em (1,007 entrants)
1. Paul Koble (California, USA) - Winner of Bracelet and $316,144.
2. Tyler Andrews (Nevada, USA) - $164,947
3. Ralph Perry (Nevada, USA) - $95,532
Other notables: Mel Judah 19th, Steve Dannenmann 26th.
UK/Ireland cashes: Mel Judah 19th ($8,935); Ian Woodley 53rd ($4,124); Marc Goodwin 56th ($3,436); Neil Channing 60th ($3,436); Gursel Gulfer 84th ($2,062); Gareth Derbyshire 88th ($2,062).
Event # 42: $1,500 No Limit Texas Hold’em (365 entrants)
1. Jim Mitchell (California, USA) - Winner of Bracelet and $154,173.
2. Stuart Fox (Birmingham, UK) - $79,061
3. Oter Stevn (Israel) - $39,530
Other notables: Ola Brandborn 24th, Barry Greenstein 29th.
UK/Ireland cashes: Stuart Fox 2nd ($79,061); Mark McCluskey 9th ($9,883); Shelly Rubenstein 37th ($659).
Event # 43: $1,500 No Limit Texas Hold’em (420 entrants)
1. Kevin Nathan (California, USA) - Winner of Bracelet and $171,987.
2. J C Tran (California, USA) - $92,301
3. Marc Naalden (Roosendaal, Netherlands) - $45,864
Other notables: Tom McEvoy 11th, Clonie Gowen 19th, Max Pescatori 34th.
UK/Ireland cashes: Jonathan Caplan 10th ($6,306); Marc Goodwin 20th ($2,867).
Event # 44: $1,500 No Limit Texas Hold’em (481 entrants)
1. Kevin Cover (New York, USA) - Winner of Bracelet and $196,968.
2. Joseph Brandenburg (Oregon, USA) - $105,707.
3. Joshua Tieman (Illinois, USA) - $52,525.
Other notables: Mel Judah 23rd.
UK/Ireland cashes: Peter Smyth 10th ($7,222); Mel Judah 23rd ($3,283); Dominic Kay 25th ($3,283); Mark Bramley 30th ($2,626).
Event # 45: $1,500 No Limit Texas Hold’em (494 entrants)
1. Anders Henriksson (Stockholm, Sweden) - Winner of Bracelet and $202,291.
2. Maureen Feduniak (Nevada, USA) - $108,564.
3. Phil Hellmuth (California, USA) - $53,945.
Other notables: David Chui 20th, Doyle Brunson 21st, Cyndy Violette 24th.
UK/Ireland cashes: Waheed Ashraz 17th ($4,720); Darshan Sami 22nd ($3,372); Stephen O’Keeffe 25th ($3,372); John Hewston 41st ($2,023).
Congratulations to Praz Bansi who joined John Gale as a British Bracelet Winner!
In the very last event, Phil Hellmuth once again nearly captured a record-breaking 11th Bracelet. There can be no question that this Series has been a highly successful one for the Poker Brat. The man has what it takes!
Until next year, that was The World Series of Poker!
Ed note: Play the UK Poker News exclusive freeroll into the televised 888.com UK Poker Open! Just download 888 Poker here.